Wecome to Christine Falk - Pen in Hand

Here you will find up to date news and information about my writing including excerpts from my novel, poetry, articles and reveiws.

Monday 16 January 2012

Stroll With Me

At times poetry is written as a resulting idea or emotional response to a specific event. At other times a verse of poetry is more a springing of thought as a writer rambles through their day and all of those important influences that hold a measure of meaning. A stroll through a writers thoughts would certainly reveal a multitude of creative inspirations ranging from dire importance to the writer to the most fickle flight of fancy. 
strollverb (used without object)
to wander or rove from place to place; roam
origin:1595–1605; of uncertain origin
The notion that the word stroll has uncertain origin seems most fitting to the poet in me.

I am pleased to share news I received this week that my poem I Have Loved You a Lifetime has been selected for publication in the Stroll of Poets annual anthology. 
I Have Loved You a Lifetime is a personal reflection on the impermanence of physical existence in regards to those whom I have loved and wished I had more time with.
Most will relate to this as most have lost someone and wished for another chance to say “I love you”.

I have added this piece, I Have Loved You a Lifetime, to the page of this Blog to the right; Selected Published Poems. I hope you enjoy this and other writings found here on this blog. I also hope to be reading this poem at this evenings poetry reading at the Upper Crust Café here in Edmonton.

Wishing peace to all;

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment