Wecome to Christine Falk - Pen in Hand

Here you will find up to date news and information about my writing including excerpts from my novel, poetry, articles and reveiws.

Sunday 26 August 2012

Something to Talk About

I like to talk about poetry and writing and I love words and what they can do for people.

Today I am sharing the business end of words. For me it is always exciting to experience developments happening with my book “Unremarkable In Light” and with my poetry. If you are in the area for the following events please stop by and check it out, not just for me but for the other amazing writer’s and poets who are showcased here in Edmonton, in Alberta, and at other locations in Canada. There are many great Canadian authors who depend on your support to continue their passionate pursuits of writing.

BOOK NEWS

In association with Author Solutions my novel “Unremarkable in Light” will be displayed in front of thousands on September 23rd at Queen’s Park in Toronto at the Word on the Street Toronto 2012 Book Gallery, and will be included in an Exhibit Catalogue that will be distributed at the event. Author Solutions Book Gallery will be located in Booth 119 of the Toronto Book trade fair.

In addition to the Toronto 2012 Book Gallery “Unremarkable in Light” will also be available for purchase at the Words in the Park Book Sale and Fair 2012 on Saturday October 27 from 1pm to 4pm at 401 Festival Lane in Sherwood Park. Words in the Park is hosted by Strathcona County Library and the Writer’s Foundation of Strathcona County. Hope to see friends come by to meet me and other local authors selling their books.

POETRY NEWS

Oddly enough I’m looking forward to the coming season of Poets Haven hosted by the Stroll of Poets. Poets Haven meets weekly at Upper Crust Bistro, 10909 - 86 Avenue or at Greenwoods' Bookshoppe, 10309 Whyte Avenue. The Poets Haven 2012/13 season begins September 17th at 7 pm at Upper Crust. I hope to see friends there sometimes to share poetry and fellowship.
Last year was my first season with Poets Haven and I was very hesitant to participate. Since participating my views on reading in public have evolved and I am now more excitedly looking forward to this coming season to read more of my own poems and to hear to wonderful works by the other Edmonton poets.

Peace to all, Write On (pun intended);  Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment