Wecome to Christine Falk - Pen in Hand

Here you will find up to date news and information about my writing including excerpts from my novel, poetry, articles and reveiws.

Monday 14 January 2013

Bring it On

Here we are nearly 2 weeks into the New Year. Bring it on. I have not run off to live in the woods but rather am right here living in words. Working on the novel and occasionally creating a bit of poetry also gives me a great deal of satisfaction and consumes many hours of my day. I do get lost in the alphabet jungle. It is very rewarding both now in the moment and also looking forward to completing the projects I am working on. I love the process beginning to end.

Speaking of the beginnings I often have moments of inspiration in odd situations and locations; when I am driving, during unrelated conversations, and on my morning bus commute. Sadly I don’t always have a pen and paper or an opportunity to write thoughts down. This is the bane of many writers. For an example I offer an unedited thought/poem direct from the morning shower.

Longer

In my youth
The days did fly
They were gone in glittery flashes
Now I am older
My hair is longer
My thoughts are longer
My days stretch like Old Fashioned Taffy

I’m deciding if I should keep this, edit this, shred this, dissect this.
Maybe I will leave it here a while as I get back to the projects at hand.
An indulgence for a latter day.

Peace to all today and in the New Year.

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment