Wecome to Christine Falk - Pen in Hand

Here you will find up to date news and information about my writing including excerpts from my novel, poetry, articles and reveiws.

Tuesday 23 December 2014

Put The Cartoon Pages Down

 

I just received a rejection letter from my application for a writing grant. I may be a bit down about the rejection letter but it is a minor shadow on the progression of the book. Rejection letters are a dime a dozen, and they have little to do with the quality or dedication of a writer.
I've read that Agatha Cristie endured 5 years of rejection letters, Louis L’Amour amassed over 200 rejection letters, and “Nobody will want to read a book about a seagull.” was a key point in Richard Bach’s rejection letter for “Jonathan Livingston Seagull” which has gone on to sell 44 million copies.

What am I saying? Well, I’m saying I am always working on my craft, I’m saying I don’t have time to bother with big guys kicking a bit of sand my way, I’m saying you haven’t heard the last from Christine because the story will still be well crafted. Good writing is still good writing.
 
I hope, who-ever you are reading this, that you are also pulling yourself together and remembering to stand up for yourself. It isn't always going to be easy. We have to be keen to see where our best supports are. It’s easy to get distracted by pretty things that lead us down the path of lazy least resistance but life is balance and balance requires concentration. Not to say we shouldn’t enjoy the journey, but more so that we should make the journey enjoyable with enough challenges to keep things interesting and keep us feeling like we are moving forward. Nobody said it was going to be easy, and easy turns to boring pretty fast.

The last thing I will ever recommend is boredom. Don't get bored with yourself, your work, or the people passing through your days. Just don’t let that happen, it will make you feel like the skinny guy on the beach.
 
2015 is going to be an interesting time. There will be three hundred and sixty-five days of new discovery. There are going to be even more changes and challenges, these are opportunities. I'm ready for all of that. I know that with supportive friends and concentrated efforts I will keep it going and be stronger each tomorrow than I am today.

Peace and heart-bound prosperity to all,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment