Wecome to Christine Falk - Pen in Hand

Here you will find up to date news and information about my writing including excerpts from my novel, poetry, articles and reveiws.

Thursday 31 October 2013

Too Many Mind

Yeah, I watched “The Last Samurai” last week. The Samurai has to clear his mind in order to master his art. Who knew I had a spare two and a half hours in a day. Honestly I don’t remember the last time I watched a television program without a notebook or my laptop in my hands.

Wow things get busy. Two weeks ago Saturday I took part in Words in The Park book show and sale in Sherwood Park. The next day, Sunday I read some poetry at Audrey’s Bookstore including my recently released title “First and Jasper”. This week coming I will go to Upper Crust Café on Monday evening for another evening of great poetry here in the city. Monday I will be meeting Megan Clark at CKUA to do an interview for their ArtBeat program which highlights current and creative artistic types in Edmonton and around Alberta. There is a dedication to CKUA in the new book of poetry.

There’s more. Thursday November 7th will be the much anticipated “Pen a Story” event at Notables. Great prices on pens and Story jewellery available, one night only. My mentor in pen sales, Michael Pons, will be joining us. If you love pens you’ll love Michael. The following Thursday, November 14th I will be joined by a wonderfully talented friend, photographer and professional busker, Glenn Eilers for the official book launch of “First and Jasper” at Art Stream. We will be the cool people doing a laid back music and poetry gig from 7pm to 9pm at 11434 120 street; Page Master Publications location.

Oh yes, I am still trying to write a book. November is NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writers Month). Novel writers challenge themselves to write 50000 words in the month of November. Wish me luck. In December I will be taking part in Authors for Altruism. This charity book sale and silent auction will be Saturday December 7th at the TransAlta Arts Barn. Selected beneficiaries for this years event are the Alzheimer Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories or The Rainbow Society of Alberta. All that and a day job too.
Too Many Mind.
How do I clear my mind of all that and the other projects I’ve committed to? I just have to look for the common thread. Easy - writer’s love words. I love the magic and connectivity of words and beauty that well crafted words can always bring to the page. In the end they are all perfect.
That’s all for now.
As if that were enough.
Peace always;
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment